The Programme’s goals are:
- successfully providing the European quantum community with Calls for Proposals in QT
- promoting excellent research in QT
- encouraging transnational collaborations in QT
- networking research funders in QT
- mapping national, regional & European public policies in QT
- spreading research excellence across the European Research Area (ERA)
To this end, QuantERA launches transnational joint Calls for Proposals (2017, 2019 2021, 2023) which are addressed to multinational consortia composed of research groups operating in the network partner countries.
The QuantERA Programme received two ERA-NET co-funds (QuantERA I project in 2016 and QuantERA II project in 2020) from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme. CNR took part into Call 2021.
In 2023, the National Quantum Science and Technology Institute NQSTI has joined QuantERA II. NQSTI is a new entity formed under "PNRR" combining the experience of 20 leading research institutions in Italy among which CNR (CNR Scientific Coordinator Prof. Francesco S. Cataliotti).